Susan Silas’s work has been featured in Anti-Utopias, Camera Austria, Fotómúvészet, Heist. Photography Collective, and Artnet magazine and reviewed in Hyperallergic, Artforum, Art in America, the Village Voice, and the New Yorker. Her occasional essays have been published in the New York Times, Theo Westenberger Estate, Exquisite Corpse, thirteen.org REEL 13, Frog, and Podium. She is a regular contributor to the online art magazine Hyperallergic and co-editor of the artblog MOMMY. Ms. Silas has been interviewed on the radio by MsRepresent: Behind the Face, a Fierce Woman, at Rabble magazine, Museum of Non Visible Art at Yale University Radio, ArtonAir. org., and the BBC. She has been awarded residential fellowships from The MacDowell Colony, The Corporation of Yaddo, VCCA, Ucross Foundation, New Space Arts Foundation in Vietnam and the National Parks Service at Everglades National Park. Ms. Silas received her BA in History at Reed College in Portland, Oregon and her MFA in Fine Art at California Institute of the Arts in Valencia, California.
CB1 Gallery Exhibitions
|June 4 – July 16, 2016||the self-portrait sessions|
- Rachael McDonald, Entertainment Voice, ‘Susan Silas: the self-portrait sessions’ Investigates the Projected Self, July, 2016
- Genie Davis, ArtScene, Continuing and Recommended, July/August 2016
- Max King Cap, Artillery Magazine, CB1 Gallery: Susan Silas, June 30, 2016
- Sharon Mizota, Los Angeles Times, Susan Silas’ naked look at self-image at CB1 Gallery, June 25, 2016
- Brainard Carey, Yale University Radio WYBCX, Radio Interview with Susan Silas, July 1, 2015