Chris Oatey recently moved to Denver CO from Los Angeles, where he received an MFA from Otis College of Art and Design. He has a BS in Cartography from the University of Colorado. In addition to his earlier solo shows at CB1 Gallery, he has had numerous solo and group exhibitions throughout southern California. His work was featured in the Howard Fox curated exhibition Paperworks at the Craft and Folk Art Museum in Los Angeles. He has received an artist completion grant from The Durfee Foundation (2008), a residency fellowship (2009) from the Ucross Foundation and was the recipient of the Friends of Contemporary Art + Photography Prize from the New Mexico Museum of Art (2015).
- January 9 – February 20, 2016, Snowmelt Paintings and Drawings
- Christopher Knight, Los Angeles Times, Review: Chris Oatey calls on Mother Nature as his artist’s assistant, February 1, 2016
- Douglas Messerli, ART Là-bas, “Soaring off the Surface” (on the Paperworks show at the Craft & Folk Art Museum in Los Angeles), October 1, 2015
- Urban Outfitters, UO Happenings: Paperworks at Craft and Folk Art Museum, September, 2015
- David Pagel, Los Angeles Times, Review: A dissonant Chris Oatey at CB1 Gallery, March 14, 2013