Born in Montreal, Canada, Annelie McKenzie graduated from the University of Calgary with a BFA and earned her MFA from California State University, Long Beach, in 2013. In addition to art, she has a music background and plays the piano, clarinet and drums and has an ongoing collaborative practice with artist Tina Linville. In addition to her CB1 Gallery exhibitions, she has exhibited at Mark Moore Gallery (CA), 18th Street Arts Center (CA), Contemporary Calgary (Canada), Wignall Museum (CA), Den Contemporary (CA), and other spaces throughout Southern California, Canada, and South Korea. She won the Against the Grain Award in 2012 and was recently named one of Eight LA Artists You Should Know in Fabrik Magazine #19.
- Claire de Dobay Rifelj, Carla, Fort Greene at VENUS LA, October 5, 2016
- Mario Vasquez, Annelie McKenzie “Man in Canoe and Grizzly” and Susan Silas “the self portrait sessions” at CB1 Gallery, Los Angeles, California, July 11, 2016
- Genie Davis, ArtScene, Continuing and Recommended, July/August 2016
- Jason Ramos, New American Paintings, Play, Shuffle, Repeat: Annelie McKenzie at CB1, March 30, 2015
- Moto Okawa, Better Luck Tomorrow, I Think I’m in love: Annelie McKenzie, April 1, 2015
- Megan Burbank, The Portland Mercury, Froot Loops, March 18, 2015